They are characterised by a horizontal propeller, which sucks up water from under the ship and uses a revolving thrust drum to thrust it through one of the tubes. When the thrust drum is in a particular position, it is possible to thrust water through two tubes simultaneously. Tube bow thrusters are available with 2, 3 or 4 tubes.
Kalkman has developed a unique patented version of the 3 and 4 tube bow thruster, where all tubes have the same outflow opening. Available with capacities up to ca. 1.250 kW and propeller diameters up to ca. 2.000 mm.
- Change propeller without putting into dry dock
- Access to propeller and thrust drum
- Minimal maintenance costs
- Horizontally rotating propeller with 2, 3 or 4 outflow tubes
- Capacities up to ca. 1,250 kW