In order to use the bow thruster for emergency propulsion, Kalkman has developed a special type of bow thruster which can also be used for sailing. It involves a tube bow thruster and a control grid bow thruster.
The vertically assembled thruster rotates in a tube and pushes the water outside again over a 360°-revolving control grid. Works as rudder when travelling backwards.
- Suitable for use in shallow water
- Can be used as emergency propulsion
- Also functions while ship is at full speed.
- Capacities up to ca. 750 kW
- Vertically rotating propeller
- Outflow of water over a 360°-revolving control grid
- Many possibilities for water suction via a tube
- Experience since 1924
- Reliable partner
- Personal contact
- Tailor-made solutions
- High quality